Sunday, January 25, 2009

So Shoe Me


Sometimes, it is all about the shoes. Bogie loves shoes but in the 9 years we have been together, only one pair got damaged and he was a puppy when that happened. I remember one time when I went to run a race and left him home alone. He was very taken back with me and it was quite evident when I got home. He delicately took the shoe laces out of one other pair of running shoes and neatly piled all my other shoes in the center of the living room floor. Very cool, funny and a tad bit scary but the wonder dog got his point across to me!



Anyway, I had a pair of running shoes that had seen better days. The laces were still pretty good, so I thought I’d remove them and put them in my camping backpack. I thought perhaps they may come in handy there some day when we are deep in a trail.




Bogie evidently realized this was an open invitation of some sort and took the pair I was working on out of my hands. He gleefully pranced with it out the front door and I was chuckling the entire time. So I finished the shoe I was working on, grabbed the camera and decided to play with these old sneakers with the wonder dog ... before they get deposited into the waste bin.

No comments: