Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Iron Goat (June 2010)



I always enjoy the Iron Goat trail and this time was no different. We have had some pretty crappy weather lately and the outlook for Saturday was sunny. I took it on faith as we left early in the cloudy morning and timed the good weather almost perfect for arrival. Here is a link from last Septembers hike of the Iron Goat (click here).







This picture I snapped via the timer on my camera and it was attached to a gorillapod hanging upside down in a tree. Nice experiment!




FYI... I did have a rather startling moment though coming back down the road, a cougar ran across the path of the truck. I have never seen a cougar in the wild before and was quite startled by its sheer size. I am NOT a gun person by any means but this experience has me debating the merits of carrying one on hikes.





No comments: