Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Twin Falls / Olallie State Park


Well, we got off to a later start than I had hoped. I didn’t finish in the office until around 11 AM, so didn’t make it to the park until almost 12:30 PM. I wanted to get this trail done in a hurry and try to do a second hike to Mailbox Peak. However, that wasn’t going to happen because the trailhead for Mailbox Peak took some time to find. It was stated as a 5 to 7 hour hike and it wasn’t until 2:30 PM before I got there. So I decided to do Little Mount Si as my secondary hike.

I only made it to the first of the two twin falls and think I might have cheated myself a bit. I think next time I will do the Mailbox Peak hike first and then try to do Twin Falls afterwards. The hike was very straight forward and quite easy. The traffic on the trail was light and look forward to doing it again. The first falls that I did see were magnificent! Not as close as the Bridal Falls trail but still the view was well worth the trip.




No comments: