Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Mount Pilchuck Trail (2)


Well, we had three days of really crappy weather and the forecast was for sun in the afternoon. I started work about 5 AM and called it a day at 10 AM. Packed up Bogie and headed back out to Mount Pilchuck. Last time, I didn’t make it to the summit because of the snow pack. I was pretty sure that wouldn’t be the case now and wanted to get back up there before it snowed again.



I got to the state park about noon and it didn’t look good. Figured I had about 2 hours before getting to the summit, so perhaps the sun would come out by then. Turns out that I missed that margin about about 90 minutes. It was getting nice just as we were mostly back down to the trail head.





We didn’t actually make it to the lookout. The bolders were pretty large and it was freaking bogie out. What can I say, he is almost 10 years old now and just doesn’t have his reckless puppy abandon any longer. Still, it was a nice hike and did wear us out pretty good.



Do you think bogie looks ok to drive?

No comments: