Friday, April 17, 2009

Meadowdale County Park (after a client meeting)

I had the mother of a high school student give me a call to help with her daughters FileMaker database. I’ve been in the FileMaker related database market for about 20 years and this was a new one on me! We agreed it would be best for me to come over to her home and work through it together. I noticed she was in Edmonds Washington and pulled out my 60 Hikes Within 60 Miles of Seattle book, just to see if there was a trail in the neighborhood. Indeed, there was one listed that we had not visited, the Meadowdale County Park listed as trail 40 on page 174. It is listed as a 2.5 mile hike, just about perfect to do after our meeting, so the wonder dog came along with me for this client trip (although he stayed in the truck for the session).

Lots of very tall trees on the start of the hike that goes downward towards the Puget Sound beach.

These stairs look delightful from this perspective (top going down) but are a bit more challenging on the return trip trucking upwards.

I’ve seen many interesting trees growing out of the stumps but this one with its elephant trunk was quite amazing.

Down at the beach and bogie immediately goes for a quick swim. He was on virtual puppy uppers when he saw it ... movie enclosed below.

Here you can see the tunnel (flooded with a couple inches of running water) that you have to go through under the train tracks to get to the beach.

A classic “on the picnic bench” pose, a regular occurrence for this blog!

Here is the wonder dog in my lame attempt to capture his joy at the moment.

No comments: