Saturday, February 21, 2009

Bright February Day At Lime Kiln Trail


The sun came out and so did the wonder dog and I. I wanted to do a good trail but many of my favorites don’t open up until late spring. I thought about heading out to a trail by Index, one that was denied me by work done on the road up to its trailhead last September. Traffic was already getting a little whacky at 9AM and long weekend drives on highway 2 can be quite the drag. So I made a game time decision, stayed on highway 9 and wandered over to Granite Falls.


I decided the safest option would be the Lime Kiln trail and it turned out to be a delightful choice. There was only a few cars in the parking lot when we set out and absolutely packed when we got back. Because of this, Bogie was able to be “off leach” for 90% of our trail time!

You could tell that this had been a rough winter for the trail because there was quite a bit of tree and washout damage. However, the folks that maintain the trail had it in great shape. Thank you trail elves!





Lot of attempts at pictures but nothing remarkable until we got down to the river.






So thank you to the powers that be for a warm sunny day in the middle of February. The wonder dog has completely sacked out!

No comments: