Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thursday Afternoon Visit To North Fork Sauk Falls

Things were slow in the office again today so I headed out to investigate some trails out on the Mountain Loop Highway again. I ended up just doing one tiny trail, one overlook and a hell of a lot of driving. I got a late start so I decide to do more reconnaissance via driving than straight up trail action.

I missed doing the North Fork Sauk Falls when I was out that way last week. Here you can see why, the trail sign was missing and in its place with this make shift note! I love they way this call this a temporary sign. I think I’ve had larger underwear tags.

Anyhoo ... the trail is only a half mile or so but it has an excellent payoff waterfall view.


These pictures of Bogie and I are a bit deceptive. There is only about three feet of ledge here but more than enough for a manly man and his trusted companion.


This is the view down river and this ledge is about 1/2 of the previous three feet. One good gust of wind and the picture could have been much more entertaining ... for like everyone else but myself.

No comments: