Thursday, September 4, 2008

Heather Lake Trail 4 - Washington State


I had worked most of this weekend and decided to take most of today off from work today. About 10:30 AM, I had gotten enough done for Bogie and I to make a quick hike. I wanted to hike something new but I also didn’t want to be disappointed. All previous trips to Heather Lake this year had given me a different experience. I wondered if there was any snow left up there at all and I never did make it entirely around the lake.





Bogie decides to go for a swim. Look at how clear the lake is. You can even see the dirt that came off of Bogie as he entered the water!

Here is a quick look at the peaks around the lake.


Here you can see about 1/2 of the way around the lake in an area that has the most bright green plant life you have ever seen.

Just a little bit further, we have to go over an avalanche snow pack. The only snow left this time of year. I was a little bit nervous because you don’t really know if the snow will give away. I didn’t go anywhere near the edge.


Just short of making the entire loop, there is a section with some exceptional tree damage. Bogie and I had to go up and over ... or ... crawl under in places to get around it.

No comments: