Monday, June 23, 2008

Rattlesnake Ridge Trail - Washington State

I was a good boy and worked most of the weekend, just so I could get out to hike today. I don’t even try to hike weekends due to the crowds. No kidding, many times you are denied a parking spots in most of hike trailheads. So today, I worked in the office until noon and headed out to Rattlesnake Ridge Trail.

Rattlesnake Lake and the Rattlesnake Ridge trailhead is located just southeast of North Bend and about forty-five minutes to an hour east of downtown Seattle. I did the scenic route 202 from Duvall to Carnation to North Bend and to Highway 90. I knew that I was within a couple miles of the exit I needed to get to the trailhead. Since I had a 50 / 50 shot at picking the correct direction, I obviously chose the wrong one. It took about 5 miles before I could head back east to Exit 32.

So it was a pretty straight shot getting there and we parked about 1:30 PM. We hit the trail about 2:00 PM and got back to the truck about 5:10 PM. Took until about 6:15 PM to get back and I’m blogging about it a 7:40 PM. So in under 8 hours I was able to take a hike, take photos and blog about them. Not bad!

Here are some photos!











1 comment:

Unknown said...

We're heading there tomorrow with the Boyscouts for a day hike. Thanks for sharing!