Thursday, November 13, 2008

Heather Lake - November 2008



Well, the round bright shiny thing made an appearance today and I needed a mental health day anyway. So I took bogie to Heather Lake and brought back these pictures.

My camera seems to do something very strange with falling snow but you get the idea. See the water flowing behind bogie? Lots of that on the trail today!

One thing I noticed was the amount of running water on the trail. Must have been over a dozen small waterfalls and active runoff areas. The sun didn’t come out on the trail until we were leaving ... but I got back to the office by 2:30 PM and able to finish up my work day.

There was just a little bit of snow at the lake, just enough to make the wooden bridges a little slick. Bogie loved it and was running back and forth on the bridges, sliding on occasion.

Hey look! It is a bridgecicle!

Say this split tree and thought it would be a great photo opportunity. Glad this one turned out but I really need to get a better camera.

Finishing this up with a few more bridge shots!



No comments: