Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Discovery Park


Well, I didn’t enjoy this hike (practically at all) for a number of reasons. Getting to the park itself is a navigation challenge for the Ballard inexperienced, the trails are not marked very well, the parking lot tells you it is a high theft area and the trails themselves crisscross in a chaotic manner.

I never made it to the lighthouse. After spending about a hour trying to figure out the logic of the trail system (then deciding there wasn’t any), I cracked open the 60 Great Hikes book. Then discovered the directions to the trail going by the lighthouse were ... well ... whacky. So I decided it wasn’t worth it and headed home.


That being said, I do think the beach part of this trail is very nice.

However, if you live in this neighborhood, you probably love this park. It looks like an absolutely fantastic place for an after work or weekend morning job. In situations like that, the whacky trail system would be fun and worth exploring. I wouldn’t recommend this for someone coming in from out of town for some trail action.

1 comment:

Twilight Man said...

I am beginning to love your dog too! So adorable and obedient!