Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday Hike At Rattlesnake Ledge


So I decided to forego taking the trip into Seattle to take advantage of the Emerald City Comic Con ticket I had. Really wanted to stretch my legs on another trail and decided to try the Rattlesnake Ledge hike again. The last time I did this trail was in June of 2008 and wanted to see what the winter version of this hike looked like.



A nice 1.8 mile trail that was part green and part white with snow. Quite a few switchbacks and this was a nice change from yesterdays road grade outing.



Where is the view? I can only guess it is there but you can click this link from my June 2008 excursion (Rattlesnake Ledge State Park) to see what it should look like. No fear, I’m sure I’ll do this hike again this summer since the apartment is so close to this trail.


Enjoying the snow!





Here are some of the final pictures with my Panasonic DMC-ZS6 camera. I had decided to try and use the small gorilla pod to take a picture of bogie and myself. Out of nowhere, a stiff wind blew and the camera went right into the lake! So another year of hiking and another camera destroyed! You would think I do this intentionally in order to keep trading up!

No comments: