Friday, July 25, 2008

Boulder River Falls Trail

It has been almost 2 weeks since I’ve done this trail. My left knee gave away on me on the way back and I’m still recovering. Hopefully, I’ll be able to get one more trail in before I make my journey to the Land Of Lincoln. Anyway, this trail takes a little time getting to and it is the most northern trail in my 60 Hikes Within 60 Miles Of Seattle book. The trailhead itself is quite a haul from the main road but still worth it.

Here you can see the trail head for the Boulder River trail.

We didn’t do the entire trail and that was good because a little while after turning back, that was when the left knee started acting like the Death Star after a well placed shot through the classic exhaust port. The trail itself changes from time to time and starts off a little dark due to a great canopy by the trees overhead.

Here you can see Bandit and Patches (Aprils dogs) and Bogie as they provide the lead for us non canine types.

It is only a mile or so to the falls and they are great. You can get right down underneath them to the rocky creek below and enjoy yourself.



Bogie taking a classic dip at the bottom of the falls.

Here April is posing for the camera and Patches thinks this means something is going on. I can only imagine that Patches is thinking ... “Not sure what you have in mind boss but I’m all in to support you.”

Bandit had decided that this is a good time to get close and personal with Mother Earth

All in all, I enjoyed the trail and plan on trying to do the entire thing sometime closer to the end of the summer.

1 comment:

flavio brasil said...

beautiful photos dogs!