Monday, June 23, 2008

Heather Lake Trail - Washington State

Well, I’m a little behind in blogging this but I wanted to get out for a trail last Thursday. I was looking through my “Sixty Hikes Within Sixty Miles Of Seattle” book and decided to do Mt. Pilchuck. I didn’t get out there until about 1:30 PM. I accidentally parked at the Heather Lake trail head and then started driving further to the Pilchuck trail head. Along the way, came across a couple guys with a Xterra with a flat tire. Guy looked at me and asked if I had the 4 ft long bar that is needed for him to get his spare tire. Since my Nissan Truck was a 2007 like his Xterra ... turned out I had just the thing for him.

After doing my purely by chance “white knight” duty, headed for the Pilchuck trail head but was stopped by how much snow was on the road. This is the middle of June! So I went back to the Heath Lake trail head and started out.

Loved this trail and will probably do it again very soon. Here are some pics!











No comments: