Saturday, November 22, 2008

Friday Afternoon In Leavenworth Washington


I had my longtime friend from Illinois fly in to Seattle for a few days of site seeing and yesterday we made the trip over to Leavenworth. Thought it would be a good idea to go on a Friday, before the crowds start descending upon the town for their typical holiday activities. Had a nice drive up there on highway 2 and just a little bit of snow on the road at the upper portion of Stevens Pass.



We did the typical shopping but didn’t buy anything substantial. In fact, just some baked goods, one bottle of desert wine and lunch.

Only did one wine tasting but all the shops were available. Really liked all the sweeter wines here but their Merlot didn't do that much for me.

I started to do more camera shopping, meaning that I took pictures of things I thought I might purchase or might have purchased in better economic times. Like these frog sculptures for the bar or this very tacky sign for the office.



These were about $80 and just couldn't validate purchasing them with current economy slowdown.

Then please call me a redneck because I think every office is a bit more special with a pooch in them!

No comments: