Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Mike’s Chili Parlor And Tavern



For this years ... to do list ... I had put checking out some of the places featured on the Diners, Drive Ins And Dives food network television show. I have a client within walking distance of Mike’s Chili Parlor and decided to check it out today. I was a little disappointed with my visit and cannot say that I would recommend it.



I had a chili burger with fries and it was quite unremarkable. I don’t know what I was expecting ... well ... other than something worthy to blog about. It was OK but that is about all. The service was pretty slow at first but they did get around to me. The burger itself was below average, even for bar food. The bar sits right behind the grill, so I had a good look at the patty itself. It was a standard pre-fab hamburger patty and not that big at all. The chili was good but not exceptional. I'd put a good old Steak and Shake chili against it any day of the week. The fries were from fresh cut potatoes, tasty but also unremarkable.



So if you are in the area, I’d say it might be worth a stop in but not something you would drive out of your way to experience. Locally, I think Patties Egg Nest is much more remarkable and perhaps I’ll blog about that sometime. It hasn’t been put into the triple D show yet, but perhaps they take submissions?

Mike's Chili Parlor
1447 N.W. Ballard Way
Seattle, WA 98107
Tel: (206) 782-2808
Website: http://mikeschiliparlor.com/

Monday - Thursday
11am - 11pm
Friday 11am - midnight
Saturday noon - 8 p

No comments: