Monday, June 14, 2010

New Leash For Furry 5K

Evidently when you sign up for a 5K now days, you get on the email list for all kinds of things. That is what seems to have happened to me since running that little 5K in Snohomish a few weeks ago. I would bitch about it but I’ve found that I like what I’m getting! Case in point, “The Furry 5K” going on next weekend in Seattle. The proceeds go to the Seattle Human Society and I’m sure the race will be a real hoot ... er ... bark! Had to pick up a new leash for Bogie because I only had the “long as hell” retractable kind. The race requires a hard leash, no longer than 6 feet.

Saturday we went for a test run with the new leash and it was AOK. Bogie is a pretty smart dog and realized the difference and didn’t try his usual “I think I’ll pee on that bush just one acre over yonder” routine. The race is next Sunday and I’ll be sure to post pictures!


No comments: