Saturday, December 6, 2008

Odd December Gaunt Down Centennial Trail



I needed to go downtown to deposit a client check and that was reason enough to take the wonder dog on a quick little gaunt down Centennial Trail. I almost forgot to grab my camera and that would have been a bit of a shame.


Starting off, the peacocks were out. One of the houses at the beginning of the trail has a couple peacocks, or they used to have a couple. Now it looks like the peacocks might have got a little busy and there are more of them than I remembered. Perhaps that is why so many of them were out of their pens and on the trail. Totally weird, but when Bogie was ignoring them, they seemed to be coming over to check him out. As soon as he turned towards them, they would scuttle away. I can only assume they were girl peacocks, probably teenagers.



I noticed shortly after the 2 mile mark, that a couple horses were down close to the fence. Once earlier in the year, we had done this and bogie touched noses with one of the horses. Didn’t have a camera that time around but thought I’d give it a go today.

Almost nose touchage ... and ... I’m pretty happy with this shot today.

No comments: