Monday, June 22, 2009

Ballard Walk After Client Install

I had a 7:30 AM database install at a client location in Ballard. I had finished a little after 8 AM and was just about ready to get into my truck and drive away. I then remembered the “AroundMe” iPhone application I had downloaded. This little gem (available on iTunes) knows where you are by using the phone itself and then tells you about local banks, bars, coffee shops, parking, hospitals and much more. You can click on a listed item and then the iPhone screen can give you directions from where you are ... to ... the desired destination!


So as my mind remembered this application, it immediately followed with the thought of “hmmm coffee / donuts” and I fired up “AroundMe” for my first real world test. It worked like a charm and informed me of half a dozen coffee shops within walking distance. I ended up at a Tully’s and the interesting walk to there made me wish I had brought along my new camera (that is in the back seat of the truck). This was a very gray morning and the camera on my iPhone would have to do. Here are some snaps (from said camera in low light) on the six block walk from my parked truck to the coffee shop and back.



Hmmm ... furnitupe ... "Honey, the antique dresser your mother gave us had another little accident! I think it is your turn to clean it up. Be sure to give it a smack with a rolled up newspaper or it will never learn!"

1 comment:

manel said...

Great site your FMP one, by God's sake! Many thanx, friend.