Sunday, January 13, 2008

Stephen King: Nightmares & Dreamscapes

Wow, I would have to say this was one of the most surprising DVD rentals I’ve done in Netflix for quite some time. It is a shame that many people “that don’t like Stephen King” are going to miss out on this. It is not a gore festival that many people associate with Stephen King. With one exception, it is not that scary at all, just very different.

I had heard most of this stories a number of years ago via books on tape. The readings were done by a variety of celebrity actors. I found the stories very odd and original but I had the DVD collection in my queue for about 6 months. After watching the first episode with William Hurt, in which there is zero dialog, I was hooked.

If you have a Netflix account, I’d recommend trying out the first story of the first DVD in the set. See what you think, I think you will be surprised!

No comments: