Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Sun Break Causes Day Off Hike To Rattlesnake Ledge


Seattle weather has been looking like winter way too early this year. On Monday, I saw that Tuesday was supposed to be sunny. I quickly typed out a vacation day request and started making plans. I have been misled by local weather reports and had two destinations in mind.


I was still undecided all the way up to a few miles away from the first exit when I decided on Rattlesnake Ledge. I wanted to get back in time in order to go for a run. What can I say, I'm getting conflicted in my exercise needs!



This is the tree stump that Bogie and I took some pictures from on our hike on March 6th of this year. If you remember correctly, I ruined a camera when it (and the gorillapod mount) fell of the stump and into the water. No worries about that this time, look at how far down the water is!




A few more shots around the lake before heading up the trail.



Above you can see a couple shots going up to the ledge and below some shots at the ledge. Great day and destination for a quick hike!






No comments: