Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Timpanogos Cave National Monument - Salt Lake City Utah


Took a mini vacation / road trip to Salt Lake City last week. Part of the trip included a one day "Nerdtactular" that was a hoot but I really went to check out the area for its hiking potential. I didn't bring Bogie because I didn't know what to expect and he had a nice "staycation" in a house full of cats to admire and try to poke with his nose (which is some game he invented years ago).



After arriving in Salt Lake, I checked out the forums for the conference and there was a hiking related forum thread. The first recommendation was this hike, so I looked it up in a newly acquired 60 Hikes Within 60 Miles, Salt Lake City Utah edition. It looked very promising and there was few other hikes in the same area.



Loved the hike to the trail entrance, it was paved all the way but a nice elevation to get the heart a nice bit of exercise. I didn't take too many pictures in the cave and you can check out their web site.


No comments: