Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving Week Mini Vacation

For about six years now, I've been trading visits with my cousin Michael and his family in Redding California. One year I come down there to visit and one year they make the trip up to Seattle to see me. Keeping an eye on the weather up to the last minute, the wonder dog and I started our little four day adventure.

We wanted to do some hiking (of course) but almost every trail we could find east of I5 was closed after October. Decided to give the Oregon coast a try on the way down to Redding. This late in the year isn't recommended for those hikes either but decided to roll the dice.

The evolving plan included leaving Seattle early Monday morning and make it to Lincoln City Oregon and crash at a hotel right on the coast. Had picked out a little walk to a lighthouse and a five mile trail on the coast itself. Then planned on another lighthouse visit, two more trail before stopping somewhere in the Eugene Oregon area. Then over to the Oberlanders Wednesday, Thursday and then see how weather looks before making any firms plans in regards to heading back.

No comments: