Tuesday, August 18, 2009

McMenamins Grand Lodge - Portland Getaway



When we arrived in Portland, we went to the McMenamins Kennedy School for our getaway lodging. This is where I stayed at last year and enjoyed it immensely. I didn’t make any reservations because I didn’t think a Sunday and Monday night stay would be a problem. I was wrong, so wrong. They were booked up solid for the next two weeks but they did find us lodging at their Grand Lodge location. The former Masonic lodge ended up being a great choice for us and the $60 a night price was easier on the wallet.

Here are some pictures from the outside of the lodge.




They even had a pair of old time fire escapes that I haven’t seen since my high school days.



Here is the courtyard and there is even an outdoor bar and disc golf course on the grounds.

Odd sunset sky that we captured on camera.

No comments: