Sunday, July 19, 2009

Proven Guilty - Dresden Files Series Book

I had enjoyed the first (and only) season of The Dresden Files on the Sci-Fi channel. I admit I was bummed it wasn't picked up for a second season but you can't put much faith in television. Funny, but I see now that the television series was produced by Nicholas Cage.

Anyhoo ...

I had joined Audible.com a few months ago and seen they had some of the Dresden File books. The earliest they had was the eighth book in the series, so I gave it a go.

I liked it almost immediately and have been steadily listening to the book for the last couple months in rotation of some other audible material I've collected. Lots of characters that were never in the television series but I wasn't too far behind without experiencing the other seven books prior to this one.

Lots of vampire and kick ass fairy action, which I hadn't really seen fairies portrayed as bad asses before ... well ... there was that bad ass tooth fairy movie and one episode of Torchwood. Lots of sarcasm, humor and banter in this novel, almost like a Buffy or Firefly pattern. Overall found it an enjoyable read / listen and decided to try the series from the start and purchased the first book in the series from Audible, not that they seem to have the complete collection.

No comments: